Dear IPhO participants and guests,

In the face of the difficult situation with spreading COVID-19 infection the IPhO 2020 Committee is staying alert and planning a meeting soon to discuss the potential actions to be taken in response to the situation.
Currently, three options are being considered (no date change, postponing, or canceling the Olympiad). The decision will be taken by May 15, 2020 when the situation, hopefully, becomes under control and more information will be available about the spread of the virus.

Until that time, we suggest:
- not to buy travel tickets or buy the tickets with no cancellation fees,
- not to obtain visas,
- not to transfer the participation fee.

We hope the situation will improve swiftly and we will see you in Vilnius, Lithuania in July, 2020.